Thursday, August 21, 2008

St. Peter’s Basilica




One of my days in Rome, I did the Vatican. I didn’t see all of it (a third if not half of the museums were closed). My boyfriend is not really into Roman Catholic anything, particularly not the nerve-center. And he comes by this honestly- he did 12 years of Catholic school, so he’s certainly entitled to his opinion. The ticket seller at St. Peter’s was not clear about the combined admission, so I wound up paying 21 Euro to see the Basilica, the Treasury and the Museums. I was exhausted by the end, which is the Sistine Chapel. People were crammed in as with a shoehorn.

The photos are of a stained glass dove behind the altar; the venerated remains of Pope John XXIII, and one of the Pope Innocents (didn’t catch his Roman numeral).

No comments: