Friday, March 4, 2011

Romulus Linney, 1930-2011


In the whirlwind of activity for Tom’s solo show and finishing up my class, I neglected to note the passing of Romulus Zachariah Linney IV. I’m not sure I understand why his plays were not better known. He wrote on a wide variety of subjects- his one-act, Stars, crackles with Manhattan sophistication; he also wrote several historical plays. My favorite is 2: Goering at Nuremberg. You get a wonderful sense of Goering’s character, but that does not mean pat answers or demonizing him (however much of a demon he was).

Mr. Linney was also very kind to me at the Last Frontier Theatre Conference in 2003, which I will not forget.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at dramahound.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from this blog post above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Alex

Anne Phelan said...

Absolutely.