Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Deconstruction


I have been blog-quiet lately, because I'm in rehearsal, and finished rewriting yesterday. Monika Wuhrer and Gary Baldwin, the founds of the Open Source Gallery, were kind enough to commission me (we like commissions!) to write a place based on a painting of Rachel Youens' (Construction I, as pictured) for the opening reception of her solo show, Cornucopias. The play will be performed in the gallery on Saturday, April 10th at 7:30 and 8:30. It should run about 20 minutes.
Nicole A. Watson is directing. We have known each other for a few years, and talked about working together, and I'm pleased that now we are finally able to. Nicole is a joy to work with, and loves history as much as I do (which would be a lot). She's brought in Parker Leventer to play Emma, who's on my list of actors I want to work with more. The lovely Cotton Wright is playing Trudy (I do believe she can play anything), and the always challenging (in the best possible sense) Jacob Grigolia-Rosenbaum is playing Max. These three characters are thrown together in the aftermath of World War III, in a much destroyed U.S. city on a river.
Admission is free, and there should be wine.

No comments: