Saturday, April 28, 2012

The First One

My student, Mike Aguirre, got a play that he worked on in my Chelsea Rep Lab class into the Fringe this summer.  I believe it's his first full-length play.  It's about a singular piano teacher, Dolores, from the former East Germany, and her relationship with her young male student.  The writing and the way Mike has the piano pieces inform the story are really interesting.  Mike is a hard-working guy.  He's my first student to have work in a Fringe festival.  So it's exciting for both of us.
Here's more information about the Lab classes.  Mike is in the Advanced class now.
http://www.actingstudio.com/chelsea_rep/chelsea_rep_lab.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ӏt's a pity you don't have a ԁοnate button!

Ι'd definitely donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll
settlе for bοokmarking аnd aԁding your RSЅ
feed to my Goοgle account. I look foгwаrԁ
tο brand neω updates and will talk аbout thiѕ blοg ωith my Faсebook grouр.
Talk soon!

Also νisit my ωebѕіte: lloyd irvin

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I simply stumbled upon
your web site and in accession capital to assert that I
get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds or even I fulfillment
you get admission to consistently fast.

Feel free to visit my web site Justin Sather